PTA & SLT
The PS 65 PTA nominating committee invites all parents to consider running for an elected office on the PTA. Since its early days, PS 65 has had extremely high levels of parent involvement. Elections are on election years before the end of the school year to ensure that there is a smooth transition between volunteers and to more efficiently plan for contingencies that may arise in the fall. Volunteering is a great way to contribute to the PS 65 Community.
Please note: we must have a President, Secretary, and Treasurer to be a full & functioning PTA that can raise and disburse funds.
- All PS 65 parents are welcome to run for any office. As long as the position is available.
- All PTA positions are a commitment of one school year. (Many parents choose to run for a second year.)
- All SLT Positions are a commitment of two school years unless a child is graduating and the parent is no longer at the school.
- Two people serving as co-office holders may share any position.
- If you are interested in running as a “co” with a current candidate, please contact them directly or we can put you in touch.
- Nominations are open up until the beginning of the election at the June PTA Meeting.
If you want to learn more about a position during an election year, state your interest in becoming a candidate, or nominate yourself, please contact the current PTA President at 31R065@schools.nyc.gov.