UPDATE - March 6, 2021
The DOE invites families to participate in a three-part Parent University virtual series called “Making Learning Work.” The courses include a user-friendly family guide with practical resources, tools, and tips to help students learn at home and school, and build and sustain meaningful relationships. Courses will be conducted in English and Spanish and taught by DOE partners at Columbia University’s Center for Public Research and Leadership. Please click on the link above to get started.
Parent University (parentu.schools.nyc) is a course registration and management system where NYC families can find free trainings on a wide range of topics. Parent University serves all families, from early childhood through adulthood, and seeks to educate and empower them as partners and advocates through free courses, resources, events, and activities.
We currently offer 275+ pre-recorded, on-demand, and live, web-based courses and they cover a wide range of categories including:
- Adult and Continuing Education
- Early Childhood Education
- For Parents, By Parents – NEW Category!
- Health and Wellness
- Multilingual Learners
- Parent Leadership
- Remote Learning and Technology
- School Buildings and Operations
- Special Education
For more information, including flyers in different languages, please visit the Office of Family and Community Empowerment page on the DOE website.
- Self-Care: Mindfulness, Breathing, & Chair Yoga – EVERY Tuesday @ 10am
- Tobacco, E-cigarette & Alternative Product Use - RESCHEDULED for Wednesday, 3/17 @ 9:30am
Or check out one of our NEW pre-recorded, on-demand courses!
- How to Apply for the 2021 CCEC Elections – Now available in ASL, Arabic and French
- Phonological and Phonemic Awareness
- Supporting K-2 Literacy at Home: Oral Language
- Supporting K-2 Literacy at Home: Phonics
- Supporting K-2 Literacy at Home: Fluency
- Supporting K-2 Literacy at Home: Vocabulary
- Supporting K-2 Literacy at Home: Comprehension
- Supporting K-2 Literacy at Home: Writing
We also offer links to 65 websites on our Resources Tab.
Celebrate Black History Month by enrolling in one of our NEW Arts courses, too.
If you need help with the technology, Parent University offers free courses on how to use such platforms as Microsoft and Google. Visit the Remote Learning and Technology category for more information.